Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Gold Series in white, model #GY397LXUT0,

I have a Whirlpool Gold Series in white, model #GY397LXUT0, and the button to turn on the oven does not work anymore. Can you help me locate the part that needs to be replaced? Thanks!
do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? when you press the button does the oven do anything or does the control not do anything?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have a volt meter, and neither the button or the control does not do anything. The button will not make its usual beep, and the oven will not turn on.
ok is you control panel a glass touch pad in this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It has little white rubber buttons on glass that, and the rubber button has a plastic insert that touches the electronic component, which looks like it is a computer component incased in glass or plastic.
ok you need the membrane switch in this, # XXXXX on this diagram, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-W10207928-%3d%3d for around $53.00, this will take care of your problem, thanks Bryan