Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool dishwasher model # dul140ppto type # 280-2 will not

whirlpool dishwasher model # XXXXX type # XXXXX will not drain/complete cycle. status: washing but will not rinse and drain. water pools in bottom. pressed cancel drain button-comeson makes noise but water still there. can it be clogged? if so how to I check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
more than likely you have a clogged check valve in this, Part 2844this comes off the side of you pump and unscrews, this is what your drain hose connects to, remove the fron bottom panel on the machine and on the right front side of you pump and motor assembly you will see this, remove the drain hose and unscrew this counter clockwise and clean it out , these get clogged. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
makes sense- I will have my husband do that. thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I would like to accept the answer, but the green accept button do not appear on your post? can you resend?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok it should be there now, after you accept leave the question open and if thats not the problem then you can come back and we can check other things, more than likely though this is clogged, we see thin all the time, thanks Bryan