rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances

I have a 1979 model Maytag DG710 Series 01 gas dryer that has

I have a 1979 model Maytag DG710 Series 01 gas dryer that has just been moved to a new house. It's not heating as well as it did on the old house and thus it's taking forever to dry the clothes. The plumber removed the new gas line safety feature that prevents full gas from going to the dryer but that hasn't helped. Is there a thermostat adjustment anywhere on this dryer that can be adjusted or is it something else?
If the dryer worked properly before the move the first thing I would suspect is an air flow problem.Have you tried running the dryer without the vent connected to rule out a clogged vent.If you are positive it is not a vent problem,you will need to observe the burner.It should burn approximately 3 minuets on and 3 off. If it burns properly at first and gradually will not light,you will need a set of coil valves.As far as an adjustment to the thermostats,there is none.They either work or they do not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Rob,

Yes it appears the previous owners didn't have a "flap" on the outlet of the vent to the outside of the house and rigged up a wire mesh over the opening which is full of lent blocking the outlet.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!!

Marc Neves
Austin, Texas
Thank Marc and happy new year to you also