MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Maytag Washer model # MVWC300VWO less than 1 year old. When

Maytag Washer model # XXXXX less than 1 year old. When it is filling with water, especially warm, it makes an on and off noise. I had a service man out once before and he said it is a temperature sensor. Just 2 days ago, it did the same thing and I had it on full hot. There should be no adjustment for temperature there. Also, it doesn't always do this.I think I have a defective computer part but I am afraid to have someone come out because I never know when it will do the on and off thing. It is very annoying since it rattles pipes every second or two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Call for wty service- the temp switch is bad, not the sensor; this was a big issue and whoever you called out should have known that and just replaced it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any proof that the temp switch was a problem? I will need ammunition to insist on a replacement. Was there a notice publixhed or anything?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Not a public notice, just a service bulletin.Just call somebody else if the original person you had out refuses to fix it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can you be more specific about the service bulletin? When it came out or a number or something? I will acceptyour charge , no problem if I can have specific knowledge to give the local repair man.

Thanks

Gayle

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Came out early '09. This should not be difficult to get someone to fix this. Complain to Whirlpool if needed to resolve the issue- I always seem to get such calls.