Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a Sears Elite dishwasher model # 630, serial # 1630-4403

Customer Question

I have a Sears Elite dishwasher model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX We were told it was a Bosch made for Sears. I have a problem with it getting too hot and melting or damaging plastics that are supposed to be top shelf dishwasher safe.
Also, it doesn't clean well. For instance, it does not get peanut butter off a stainless steel knife. There is a lot of food residue on silverware.
I have cleaned out the trap in the bottom but it is no help.
Can you help me?
Thank you
Gayle Getchell XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like the dishwasher isnt filling with enough water. Make sure the water supply is good. If that is ok you will need to replace the water valve.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I know if it has enough water? Why does it get so hot? I need to know what to tell the service man since I will have to pay for the call.

Open the dishwasher door after it is started. the whole bottom of the tub should be covered in water. If there isnt enough water the heater will heat up the air causing it to get to hot.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is not the problem then since from what you say, there is enough water in there.

What do I do next? Is there another function to check?

I am not happy with the dishwasher as it is. I had a Kitchen Aid for 20 years and even at 20 it cleaned better than this new one.

The only other thing that would cause this is a stuck relay on the control board causing the heater to stick on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok for the heat situation but what about the cleaning part? I have to scrub a lot of my dishes and silverware by hand before and after running them through the dishwasher.

I was told to just scrape the plates and let the dishwasher do the rest. I have to wash the dishes before I wash the dishes.

That is using a lot of extra water and my time. I thought the new appliances were supposed to be more green.

Do you have access to service notices and how I can contact Bosch and Sears to remedy this situation?

Gayle

Make sure the holes in the spray arm arent clogged. You can call kenmoe at x1-800-4-MY-HOME
Experience: Appliance tech 4 years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think you have helped me very much but I will accept so I can just move on.

Thank you. Take care.