Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Dear Sirs, Bosch Class/XX 1200 Express. A first class machine

Dear Sirs,
Bosch Class/XX 1200 Express. A first class machine with one problem; a build up of a black deposit in the folds of the rubber gasket between the door and the drum. This has proved impossible to remove by non-abrasive cleaners. I not used abrasives as I am fearful of making the problem worse. Would you be so kind as to advise me how to remove this material.
Yours faithfully,
Dr K W Tyson.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
The black residue is mold. You will need to replace the door gasket to remove the mold.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That was an obvious option which I had considered before posing my question and I hope the the reply was not an attempt at humour. It would have been helpful if in addition I had been told how to replace the gasket and where to get the spare part.
Dr K W Tyson
You can need to remove the spring clamp on the front of the gasket. Then roll the gasket into the washer and remove the big back spring clamp. The hardest part is stretching the gasket around the tub and getting the springs back on.