Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

how do I get my oven door to shut after i automatically clean

Customer Question

how do I get my oven door to shut after i automatically clean it? I flipped the breaker already and left if off for more than an hour
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.
Suinds like the latch is locked with the door open...Correct...? If so try restarting the clean cycle with the door open...once it starts then cancel....If that does not work then you will have to manually unlock the latch...More than likely the latch is faulty....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no that did not work this happens every year when I use the automatic clean for some reason last year my dad fixed it by flipping the breaker is there anything else i should try
Does the oen work otherwise....Is it getting power..?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it comes on to pre heat but the message states door so it actually does not heat

I would first test the door switch...sounds like the switch is bad...If the switch is bad then it is not going to work until the switch is replaced...Now if you can get to the switch and manually unlock it....That might fix your problem..