MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

good morning, i recently had a new service panel installed.

good morning,

i recently had a new service panel installed. i came home to use the washing machine and none of the lights will come on. i checked the power at the plug in and there is 120 v. what should i do next???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Part has a 90 day wty, so call back whoever put it in. Not much involved when the board is dead other than the part itself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this does not answer why my washer is not working. i stated that after installation of new service panel that the electricity to the washer is fine, however, the machine shows no lights and does not resond to any buttons being pushed. i have 120 volts at the plug in. please understand that the service panel work is fine. my question is what could be wrong with the washing machine now.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
The board you had replaced has failed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the board i had replaced is the main service panel of my house. it has not failed as i have stated i have 120 volts where the washing machine gets plugged in. are you out of touch with what i am asking?????
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
No, I am not out of touch- you did not not say the service panel was your electrical service panel- people call things all sorts of names so I assumed you were talking about the washer panel. In any event the control on your washer has most likely failed just as I have already said. It will need to be replaced unless there is a loose connection or such. Investigate and see.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you. i agree that most homeowners call lots of things different names. my apologies. i will call a service technician Monday to fix it. i hope it's ok if i do not transfer the monies as i did not get a fix.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.
Well, you asked what was wrong and I answered, so I don't know why you say you have not gotten one to what you asked.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
fair enough. one last question. is there a fuse or breaker inside the washing machine that i could check?

this would help me alot. i looked at the schematics online but they were too hazey.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 6 years ago.

No. There are some wire harness connections that you can look at easily enough by taking off the top and ensuring nothing is loose.