Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my electric panel on my convection stove started clinking and

my electric panel on my convection stove started clinking and none of the elements burn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
does the display still work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, the display does not work. The "element on" light blinks and makes a clicking noise when I turn on one of the burners. The burners do not heat. The oven does not come on and the inside light to the oven does not come on when the door is open.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
alright well that is bad news then. Try unplugging the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset the control board. If not then unfortunately you will need to replace your display control board as it's shorted internally somehow.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is what I was afraid of. Would you have any idea how much it might cost to have that fixed and if we get it fixed will it happen again any time soon? Is it cost effective to fix it rather than purchase a new stove? The stove with a true convection oven and warming drawer costs us about $1,000!!!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
yes it's still worth fixing it. The part is about $150-200 usually and with trip and labor you're looking at about $300-350 or so for the total repair. It shouldn't happen soon by any means but unfortunately it does happen more often than other brand name ranges, so I'd say you'll get about 5-10 years on the new one.