Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a side by side model # GSD3435F00WW. The refrigerator

I have a side by side model # GSD3435F00WW. The refrigerator side is warm with moisture on the inside. I woke this morning and saw the door was left open. We live in Florida and it is very humid today. We have turned on the air conditioning to see if that will help. How long before we will notice the refrigerator to start cooling?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
moving the temperature dial won't cool it any faster unfortunately but you're looking at about 24 hours to cool down because the unit probably has a lot of frost as well. If you wanted to speed it up you would need to remove everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel. Thaw out the frost build up with a hair dryer and then put everything back together. From that point it would take about 6 hours or so to cool back down.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The freezer is working well at the normal temperature. Are you saying to remove the back panel inside the freezer or in the back of the entire unit?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
back panel inside the freezer, I know the freezer is working good, just trust me.