Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Profile dishwasher does not drain and water comes out

Customer Question

My GE Profile dishwasher does not drain and water comes out the door. It is a model PDW 9280 JOSS. What are the possible fixes?

Bill Gordon XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
right, there is a check valve so water will not go back into the dishwasher. This drain pump is located in the back left corner of the unit so you will need to uninstall your dishwasher to diagnose this unfortunately. The drain hose connects to the drain pump in the back left corner, remove the hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Next remove the drain pump and make sure nothing is blocking it. If you find nothing blocking it then remove the backflow preventer on the drain hose connection to make sure that isn't causing and issue and try again. If it still doesn't work then replace the drain pump. Here is a link to the drain pump.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The pump is making a clicking noise when turned on. Does this automatically mean it is bad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
it could just be jammed with something, I'd take it out and look to see if something is stuck inside it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the motor off and there is a plastic disk with a rubber flapper valve marked OUT about the size of a quarter. It was open due to a piece of grape stem. I guess this could be the source of the water leaking out of the door? But it does not account for the sound.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
correct, you can always reinstall it and if it still makes the noise just replace the drain pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do thanks for your help!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
no problem and good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Works like a charm. There was additional crud in the bottom of the dishwasher I shop vacumed out. I could not have done it without your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
awsome, glad everything is working again.