Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

hey guys I have jenn air fridge mod # XXXXX bottom freezer

hey guys
I have jenn air fridge mod # XXXXX bottom freezer french doors
diagnosed as bad control board part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNreplaced it worked for 2 days stopped again got new a one and main high voltige board part#1515036 replaced both it worked for 2 day and stopped agian $300 later i need help
maybee thermistors? next

Does the fan continue to work inside the freezer compartment when you open the door? Can you explain a little more what is happening now that it is not working?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i hear a fan i dont know if its that one

temp is still reading on display

and lights are on

WIll it let change the temps on the unit? ALso there are 2 fans, one in the back where the compressor is and one inside the freezer compartment, also is there ice or frost on the back wall of the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i can change temp but wont hold temp

no frost or ice

How cold is the freezer, do you have any idea?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
freezer reads 50 degrees on board
If you unplug the unit from the wall and wait 5 minutes and plug it back in, does the fan start back up inside the freezer within 10 minutes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i will have to get back with later this afternoon and check

I will be around, let me know

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes to what? on the Question I asked
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
about fan motor
Did it start to cool after this 10 minutes of wait time???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no fan just ran
HOw old is this unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

new in 2005

This seems to be an overload/relay on the compressor causing the problem on this unit, also if the compressor was made by TECHSUAH which Jenn AIr used a lot of them, they were prone for burning out Overloads and computer boards, I have had to change a lot of these compressors for this type of problem, normally Jenn AIr will cover the replacement for you free of charge if the unit is under 5 years old.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

first thing i did was try a new overload relay didnt help

i contacted jenn air

had a jenair service tech come out and said the compressor was good board was bad

i got a new board from repair clinic it worked fine for 2 days returned it and got new one with main high voltage board and replaced both it went bad 2 days later again

by the way it is a Tecumseh compressor

would the compressor be burning out both boards?

Yes, the tech should have replaced the compressor, he most likely did not want to mess with it as they do not pay good on compressors and then being able to charge you for a regular service call. I change about 3 of these compressors a week because of how bad they are..I have down to a science to where I can be in and out of your home in under 2 hours.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Chas

Thank you, have a great 2010