Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a 10 year old Advanced Cooking System electric stove/oven.

I have a 10 year old Advanced Cooking System electric stove/oven. After oven-cleaning today, the "lock" light stays on (it's not locked anymore) and I cannot do any other oven function. I get digital readouts of 'F1" and 'F3' on the display, no idea what those mean. But no other oven function will work while the lock signal is on. Seems like there should be a way to re-set the thing.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number can be found on the range frame when you open the drawer inthe bottom

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model: MER5730AAW
Ser: 15669482WS
DOes the door close all the way properly or does it set out a little bit now when you close?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It seems to be closed all the way, no different than usual.

The error code you have is for a failed EOC/Clock, you will need to replaced the clock mechanism on the unit to repair this error. It thinks that the door is still locked even though it is not,

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory