Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...
THe model number should be located somewhere inside the lid or lid opening area of the machine.
WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Does it drain out the water at the end of each cycle? Also does your unit have a display or just lights on it show cycles?
Let's see if we can get the diagnostic error codes fromt he machine
To recall an error code,
LEDs. The control will repeatedly signal the code, as long as the Start and Pause Cancel buttons are pressed.
A two-second pause between repeats affords you the ability to make accurate counts to identify the correct error codes.
Please Note the following...... on a small number of washers with serial number prefix XC4,
if the previous procedure does not perform as specified, follow the option below:
press and hold Options and Pause Cancel buttons.
If the washer is a Better Model, the error code will appear in the display. Troubleshoot problem by using charts on the
If the washer is a Good Model, the five indicator lights of Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, Final Spin and Control will flash the
number of times for the first digit of the code and the Start indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit.
Take separate counts of each indicator light, then repeat to confirm in order to be accurate in identifying the proper error code.
The code is obtained by counting the number of times the lights flash. Example E24: The five indicator lights would flash twice
indicating the 2 and the START indicator light will flash four times indicating the 4. The five indicator lights and the START
indicator light start flashing at the same time.
The control will pause for 2 seconds, then repeat the code as long as the two buttons are pressed and held.
Note: A letter appearing in the code stands for a number higher than nine:
A = 10 B = 11 C = 12 D = 13 E = 14 F = 15
Example Code F1: the first digit would be 15 and the second digit would be 1. If this code would appear on a washer in the
Good model line, the five indicator lights would blink fifteen times and the START indicator light would blink once
Iwant you to do test number 8 on the following instructions
The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program Knob. To START THE TEST:
can be rotated 360°, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
1. All the LEDs will sequentially light. Pressing a button below a light cluster will light all the LEDs in that cluster at one time
to confirm functionality.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water
should enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water should
enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and cold
water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will activate.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and tumble.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and spin (leakage test).
9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will activate and the
washer will operate in high spin. SAFETY WARNING: If power is removed during this test, the door can be opened. To
prevent injury, DO NOT put your hands inside when the tub is rotating.
10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last error code.
E43 Control board problem. Replace the control board.
this is part numberNNN-NN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for thier items.
Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
That is what the error code you got is. However I would open the bottom access panel and make sure that no shocks are broken inside of the machine, that would seem more logical to me...
The shocks are an easy repair, takes about 20 minutes if one is broke. this would also cause your machine to do what it is doing. here is the service tech sheet we were using, it may help you more...