Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

My Haier washer dryer combo will not dry clothes. Why?

Customer Question

My washer dryer combo won't dry. The clothes come out steaming wet and hot. What is wrong?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 years ago.

To dry the clothes you need heat, tumbling and air flow. If your dryer is tumbling the clothes it must be lack of air flow causing the problem. If the dryer is vented you can go outside where the vent exhausts the house and if the air flow is weak you will need to pull out the dryer and clean the vent. Try a small load with the vent off to prove the vent is the problem.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is a washer/dryer combo unit. The clothes dry in the same area as the washer. It does not vent I guess, but uses condensation to dry any other suggestions?

Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.

First what we need to do is to take the top cover off. Do that by removing the screws in the back of the top cover. From there you will see a black fan like over a tube. That is where the heater for the dryer and the blower that blows the air around for drying located. You need to make sure that the fan is turning when the combo is in the dry mode. If the clothes come out hot then your heater is working. It just sounds like you have no air flow to circulate the hot air. So, again with the cover off put it in the dry mode and make sure that fan is turning.