Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Kenmore washer model XXXXXXXXXXX and the timer mechanism

I have a Kenmore washer model XXXXXXXXXXX and the timer mechanism has come loose. I need to get the console open so that I can reattach it. Can you help? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 10 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: (NNN) NNN-NNNN this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Chas,

The model number is XXXXX and the serial number is XXXXX

Thanks for your help.

Pat

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

If you look at item number 8 in the diagram, you should be able to slide a putty knife and push this lock in, there is one on each side, lift up on the control panel as you push this clip in..

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Does the knob lock on?

Thanks,

Pat

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
With the knob in you need to grap the pin on the back of timer, then pull the knob off from the unit..