Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Im considering purchasing one of Samsungs Platinum finishes.

I'm considering purchasing one of Samsung's Platinum finishes. I've haven't read anything about its durability as compared to SS. Will it dent easier? What is it made of? Surely not really platinum. In short is it as good as SS. Thanks Barbara
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
platinum finish is very durable and more so than stainless steel. As far as dents and scratches go, theya re about the same. The difference is really in 2 things. The platinum is magnetic so you can put magnets on it, and two it doesn't show finger prints on it as easily. The downside is that most people don't like the look as much as the actual stainless steel look since the stainless steel is a bit more glossy looking.