Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Kenmore dishwasher about 5 years old that is now sounding

I have a Kenmore dishwasher about 5 years old that is now sounding very loud when it washes. It still cleans ok, any ideas what could be causing the excess noise?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
does the sound come and go
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, the normal machine sounds are just louder now all the time.
does it make a different noise when it pumps out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think so
the motor bearings are going out and you will need to replace the motor and pump assy to fix it and the dw will have to come out from under the counter and then you can get to the motor and pump ,, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like your opinion, as I am leasing this condo, as to whether I should ask my landlord to fix it now, or wait until it goes out completely.
i would ask him to fix it now before it starts to leak and it will start if not already

since this is the last day of the year please hit the accept button for me as you leave / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks and Happy New Year
you are most welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, I ran and listened to the dishwasher again. It is somewhat louder but seems to be making a loud buzzing sound. I don't know if this makes a difference in the diagnosis, if you can let me know I would appreciate it.
that is normal when the water starts to leak though the pump into the bearing so we are still looking at the same problem / thanks