Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

my kitchenaid superba 1999 ice crusher and dispenser are not

my kitchenaid superba 1999 ice crusher and dispenser are not working - I have cleaned the tray, made sure no ice is stuck or frozen, ensured the tray is in properly and that the door is fully and properly closed. What next?

ok we need to find it you are getting voltage to the door .

When you open the freezer door do the intrior lights come ON?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes. The interior light works as does the ice maker. The light in the door may not work or it may be broken. Will go down and see what I have to check that.

I just wanted to make sure the freezer light switch was not bad in controls power to the dispenser .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The light works and I think I know what is wrong. When I push the lever to turn it on the inside back shoot dees not fully open engaging the motor. When I took a fork and pulled it fully open the ice maker worked. How do I make it so when I push the glass to turn the ice maker on it fully opens the internal black flap turning it on?

You ice lever has gotten weak (lost it`s rigidity)

and will need to be replace ,no adjustments at all .

Here is a link to the parts break down it is item # XXXXX ct/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=KSRB27FHBL00&productCategoryId=0165000&brandId=0593&brandDescription=KITCHENAID&modelName=SIDE-BY-SIDE-REFRIGERATOR&diagramPageId=00008&componentDescription=DISPENSER%20FRONT&documentId=O2029464&blt=06

This link shows parts breack down and part number ,with price ,and you can even order it on -line if you want.