applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

My LG refrigerator was making a whizzing noise, then error

My LG refrigerator was making a whizzing noise, then error code says FF. Lg says unplug to allow ice to defrost off of fan. Did so far for three hours, plugged it in, still has error. Unplugged to try again for another hour. Any help?
When you plugged it back in was it still making the noise?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I plugged it back in, the sound had stopped and the error code went away, but five minutes later, it was back so I unplugged it again. But no whizzing sound
Can you hear the fan in the freezer running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did but it was a quiet noise like it normally is
I believe you have two fans in your freezer, one blows air in the freezer and the other blows air into the refer section. The code you are getting is saying the fan is not moving or having a hard time moving. The only way to know if it is totally defrosted is to remove the freezer door and back panel in the freezer. The unit may have defrosted and a piece of ice blocking one of the fan motors. You can have a damaged fan motor from the blade hitting the ice. Defrosting the unit is only curing the symptom, not the problem. L.G knows they have a problem with this. They have new defrost boards to take care of the problem. L.G has covered the parts for some of my customers with this problem, but not the labor.