Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a microwave oven I try to use it and the lite in side

I have a microwave oven
I try to use it and the lite in side turn on dark yellow adn it tarted sparkal and I turn it off right away I discunnected it I look in side on the right side as yo look at it there is a biage color some kind of paper and it looks burned
what can I do to trouble shot and find out what parts to repace.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
well unfortunately you have a bit of a problem and this may not be worth fixing. The paper is called a "wave guide" and if it sparked out to your wave guide it means you need a new one as well as a new magnetron. You will also need to sand down the area behind the waveguide and repaint it. The repair is about a $350-400 repair usually so only if the unit is very expensive is this usually worth it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This unit is not even a yr old or maybe 18 month old. I purchase it at lackland AFB Military store this item did not coast over 200.00 It was on sell at the the time

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
if it's less than a year old then it's still under warranty, if not then unfortunately it's probably best to just replace the unit. Even a trip out to look at the microwave usually runs about $75.