Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

Hi we have a whirlpool duet electric dryer and the status light

Hi we have a whirlpool duet electric dryer and the status light sensing light is on and dryer will not run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number can be found inside the door area

Also does it allow you to turn the unit off and on?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it does turn on but nothing happens. The model#GEW9200LWO the serial#MP0889798
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

On what setting are you using the dryer? Automatic? Timed? or manual?

Have you shut the door completely? Make sure there are no clothes on the lip of the opening of the dryer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried automatic,manual,timed settings and nothing works.I turn the machine on hit start and the sensing light comes on and I hear a click and the machine will not start could this be thermal fuse Thank You grego67

Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

And the door is completely shut? Does the drum turns freely if you try to turn it manually?

Do you hear a motor running?

Have you pressed the start button more than 2 seconds?

The sensing lights that comes on is just normal but the drum should be turning by then.

I am thinking it could be a broken belt. If the motor is running.

And yes, if there is a busted fuse insid ethe unit, it will not run.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the drum does turn freely and the door is shut tight and yes I have pressed the start button more than 2 seconds The sensing light is the only light that comes on in the status column. tThe motor does'nt run
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

Ok.

It could be one of the thermal fuse in the unit.

Do you have a meter to measure resistance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a multimeter

Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

Ok.

Here is your parts diagram and the thermal overloads are part 47 and 48.

Then check also the door switch, ( Part 41 ) in this diagram. Make sure it is making the contact and opening when you close and open the door.

Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .