Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

how does the hearting element secure in the back of the dryer

how does the hearting element secure in the back of the dryer Whirlpool Mod Lec 6848AQ1

Ok on the top of the heater duct there is a 5/16 screw you need to remove ,

and we even put a 1/2 hole in the rear of the cabinet so you can get to it .(a six inch 1/4 extention with 5/16 socket works great .

Once the screw is removed and after the electrical connections have been removed the duct need picked up 1/4 inch. and pulled out

Then you remove the heater and duct ,and then you have one 5/16 screw that hold the heater element to the duct.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where the top of the element has a bunch of wholes .that does go to the big whole in back of the drum .It puts the element at an angle.Is that right?
yes element angles up and in .graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How does the element secure that the bottom where the hooks stick out? AND HOW FAR DOES THE TOP GOES INTO THE WHOLE?

Yes it jus sets on the hook .

the top of the duct just set against the large hole in the rear wall of the drum .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm looking into buying a gas/electric range and need to replace the Kitchen aid that have had problems with since we bought it.which ones should I look into buy that have good records.stay around the $1,000 figure.Also to replace the frig and dishwasher and dryer.

Thanks Bob

I am sorry! But I am only able to deal with one Product per question .

Just Answer rules.

Hope you under stand , We do get monitered .