Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

MY DISHWASHER MODEL # FDB1500LFS0 DOESNT WORK THE SELECTED

MY DISHWASHER MODEL # XXXXX DOESN'T WORK THE SELECTED LIGHTS FLASH ON THE FRONT AND I HAVE TO PRESS THE START BUTTON TWICE TO GET IT TO DO THIS. I HAD A POWER OUTAGE BUT THE DISHWASHER WASN'T RUNNING AT THE TIME, I CHECKED THE LATCH SWITCH AND NOTHING SEEMS TO BE OUT OF ORDER, I CHECKED THE FLOAT IT'S LOOSE AND FREE. WHEN I HAVE A POWER OUTAGE THE SAME LIGHTS FLASH BUT I JUST OPEN THE DOOR TO RESET IT AND IT'S FINE, MY QUESTION WHAT GOING ON?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
if you are having to push the buttons more than once then you will need to swap out the switch inside the control panel ,, the part number isNNN-NN-NNNNwhich cost $30.89 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you or online at www3.sears.com ,, its number 8 in this picture / thanks and have a great new year
,,, today is the last day of the year so please hit the accept button as you leave / thanks
graphic