Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Our Whirlpool microwave and oven combination computerized panel

Customer Question

Our Whirlpool microwave and oven combination computerized panel is totally messed up. The broil option will not even work, nor will the timer. Is there any way to reset the control panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 years ago.

no way to RESET the control .

When you press Broil does it program the control or even beep ?

And will the timer not program ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When you press "broil", it beeps three beeps, but nothing else happens

ok and what about the timer?

and does it show any type of a F code?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It shows no F code

When you press "timer set" , the clock stays the same, but the microwave panel to the right of the clock shows a cook mode.
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If we order it online, do you think we would be able to replace it ourselves, or do we need to have someone come out and do it?

Easy !!

#1 Turn power off to oven

#2 oven lower oven door

#3 find vertical trim peices on the front /sides of oven ,at the bottom of the trim you have one philips screw one each side ,remove the screws .

#4 pull trim peices down and out at the bottom

#5 then up top on the bottom front corners of the Control panel ,you will have a philips screw one on each side, remove the screws .

#6 pick up on the console and pull out on the bottom , Then once it is loose fold the panel forward ,and you will see the control mounted on the back side of the console .

Then reverse procedure ., power up and test