Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

How do I install the natural gas conversion kit to a neptune

How do I install the natural gas conversion kit to a neptune that is currently set up for propane?

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Also do you have the conversion kit for it?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks!!! It is a Maytag Neptune

MDG4000BWQ

Serial # XXXXX

We do have the conversion kit, just dont know what to do with it!!!

how many pieces do you have to install
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have 4 and a metal washer
can you take a picture and send it to me on here ,,, we should only need 1 or 2 parts of the four and one is the orifice and the other fits into the top of the valve if needed
does the four in number 1 look like them
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

graphicdid it work?

no i didnt get anything ,, do you have the front panel off and at the gas valve now
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no, its downstairs....lset me try the pic again...it says my pic is too big and i dont know how to fix that.

thats ok ,, when you get to the gas valve you will remove it and take the burner pipe off and then end of the valve that sticks into the burner tube you will unscrew the orifice from the end or it and screw in the one you have,, screw the cap off the top of the valve and swap the filler and put cap on ,, put the gave and burner tube back in and start the dryer and if flame is too large loosen the screw on the air supply on the burner tube and turn the flap till the flame draws down and tighten the screw back down and that is all / thanks and have a great new years
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I hit the accept button now? I havnt done this before, Im sorry.!!!
yes ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where do i get my instructions?
when you get to the gas valve you will remove it and take the burner pipe off and then end of the valve that sticks into the burner tube you will unscrew the orifice from the end or it and screw in the one you have,, screw the cap off the top of the valve and swap the filler and put cap on ,, put the gave and burner tube back in and start the dryer and if flame is too large loosen the screw on the air supply on the burner tube and turn the flap till the flame draws down and tighten the screw back down and that is all
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you|!
you are most welcome, good night and thanks