Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Professional Series Dual Fuel Model PLCA389ECC. The

I have a Professional Series Dual Fuel Model PLCA389ECC. The oven door will not unlck after cleaning cycle was interrupted by power problem. How do I open in it? 15 People coming for dinner. Major Panic
[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

How long did the power go out on you?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Very briefly- 20 seconds maybe
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
How long has the power been back on I guess I should have asked?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
29 minutes, according to the clock on the stove
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

If the oven was hot then it can take up to one hour for the door to unlock itself, this is a safety feature built into the range, if it does not open after one hour then start another self clean and wait about 3 minutes and then cancel the self clean, hopefully it should open the door then and allow you to use the oven...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from contnue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory