william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

Epicure range ER36DSCH/NG. Oven will not maintain bake temperature.

Epicure range ER36DSCH/NG. Oven will not maintain bake temperature. If you pre-heat to 350 degrees it will reach 350, but when you load oven with other than small amount of food temperature will drop by 50-75 degrees and not recover. Also if you set oven to a temperature, say 350 and then change to 400 after warmup cylce is over, it will not increase temp. Temp will only increase if you put it near max of 500. Oven temps have been verified with an accurate oven thermometer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

I would check the oven sensor you will have to have a meter for this. You will have to ohm it out at room temp which is around 72 degrees and you should get a reading of 1080 if you dont get that reading then your oven sensor is bad and will need to be replaced.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If its the oven sensor why does it pre-heat to the correct temperature and work fine maintaining temperature if you are only cooking a few chicken pieces for example. I have heard this is a common problem with Dacor and may be a design issue, and that there is control that limits the time the heater is on which is why this problem only shows up when you put a large amount of food in the oven or open the door often.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

This is how you troubleshoot we need to illiminate the oven sensor,then will have to ohm out the elements then if that checks out ok then will have to see if your getting the correct voltage to the elements and you will have to have a meter for this ,if you dont feel comfortable in doing all of this then i suggest you get a technician.