Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher that came with my house when

Customer Question

I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher that came with my house when it was built in 2003. It leaks from the bottom when we run it. I have looked at the seals around the bottom and they look loose/warn in the bottom corners. There is also about a 4 inch gap in the middle of the seal (there is no seal) in the bottom middle. Any advice / suggestion on why this is leaking and/or how I can stop it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 years ago.

you will need to replace the seal .

Your model number should be on a tag on the face frame of the tank , after you open the door.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. Where can I get the seal that I need (Model GSD4800G00BB) for this washer? Do I have to go through GE? How difficult is it to install?

here is a link for the part from sears . Comp.pd?modelNumber=GSD4800G00BB&productCategoryId=0130000&brandId=0432&brandDescription=GE&modelName=DISHWASHER&diagramPageId=00003&componentDescription=MOTOR-PUMP%20MECHANISM&documentId=G0201041&blt=06

Item 455 you will have to pull the unit out and tale the lower rack our remove the lower spray arm ,and the from underneith you will have to dissconnect the pump assy