Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model # MAH5500BWW that showed

I have a Maytag Neptune washer model # XXXXX that showed a code of nf on the display. Please tell me what nf stands for and if I can still use the washing machine. Thanks and Happy New Year!
The "nf" code is a "no-fill" fault. This indicates that your washing is not getting water supplied to it, or the pressure isn't substantial enough to complete a fill. You need to, first, make sure the water supply is turned on. Second, if the water IS turned on, and you're still not getting anything to your washer, you may have a fill valve problem. The fill valve is what both your hoses connect to on the back of the machine. It can become clogged with sediment over time (especially, if you have hard water or well water). Turn the water supply off and remove both hoses from the back of the washer. Check both these hose connections for clogs in the filter screens. If they are clear, then more than likely the fill valve has gone bad. I hope this helps you.