Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Panasonic NN-T664SF microwave that quit several weeks

I have a Panasonic NN-T664SF microwave that quit several weeks ago. I removed the cover and found a charred slide on connector on what looks to be a thermal switch on the opposite side of the oven than the electronics. I replaced the terminal and it worked fine until today. Now one of the terminals of this switch/fuse is loose and the switch is open (I jumped across the terminals and it works fine). I obviously need this switch, but is some malfunction in the electronics causing it to overheat? Am I wasting my time and money replacing it? What's the part called, part number?
if it overheated and burnt out the switch then there is something overloading the unit and shorting it out and chances are that will be the hi-voltage transfomer so i would not waste the time replacing the switch without replacing the transformer too and it runs up over $100 ,, i would just replace the microwave / thanks