Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Kitchen Aid slide in gas range. I just used the self

I have a Kitchen Aid slide in gas range. I just used the self cleaning function. The code came up F5 E7. When I hit cancel the code went away. The oven still has a fan on. do i need to do anything else?
Hello and thanks for your question. The F5 E7 code indicates a problem with the door latch or switch. Below is the information from the techsheet. The fan should shut off as the oven cools. Let me know if the door will open and how far you want to go yourself. Dave

F5 E7 Door will not unlatch. Door unlocked somehow and will not unlatch. Check door switch, latch switch.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK fan is off.

I see the manual oven lock through the vent. Any trick to releasing it?

Is the manual mechanism the problem? Does it need to be cleaned?
You can use a credit card or coat hanger to catch the hook over the top of the door and pull it to the left to unlock the door. The oven uses a solenoid to latch the door. If the switches are in the wrong position the door may lock again by itself. I will be off line for a while but will check back later. Dave
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Got it! thanks
Welcome! Have a Happy New Year.