Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My Crosley top load clothes washer wont agitate. It will

My Crosley top load clothes washer won't agitate. It will fill & spin.
Hello. In order to answer your question I will need the model number of your washer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On a back plate it has (P) CW6500W above the serial #. It says it is a heavy duty, giant capacity,quiet series, 3 speed,10 cycle,power surge model on the front.
when it goes to agitate does the washer keep running or does it go dead?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
First it flipped the breaker. Then when I plugged it into another it clicks and hums and smells funny, but won't do anything. If I turn it to spin - it will take off and spin
does it make any noise when it goes into spin?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think just the normal noise. It has been a couple days. At first it spun out very well. The last time I tried it , it left little pieces of white and other dirt on the clothes and there was 1" of water in the bottom of the tub.
if it will not agitate but will spin but kicks the breaker then the gears are locked up inside the transmisson and it will have to be replaced and the washer will have to be torn down to do this ,, the part number for the transmisson is 35-6615 and it cost $227.57 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you or online at ,, parts and labor will run you about $450 / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Couldn't be a belt to the transmission? Any way to free up the transmission without getting a new one?
if it was a belt is would still make the agit move and not kick a breaker and if you dont want to replace the transmisson you can tear it down and rebuild it but it will end up costing more / sorry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I was in hope that I could fix this one, but it sounds like it would be cheaper and easier to get a new one. Any washers you never hear from? :-)
hahaha ,, sorry but i work on them all but whirlpool seem to be the least as far as problems and all the parts are cheaper than others and easier to get hold of / thanks and have a great new year
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You too!!!!!