MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

my question is in regards to a GE front loader dryer , the

Customer Question

my question is in regards XXXXX XXXXX GE front loader dryer , the troubleshooting manual give diagnostic trouble shooting tips for 3 beeps and if 6 beeps it recommends to call a techician.
the problem i am experiencing with the dryer is that once started it runs for about 2 to 3 mins then it turns off. the dryer is heating properly and the motor seems to be fine and there belt and rolls also check out. proper line voltage is to the appliances.
i also notice the display lights flash a few times when the dryer would cut off.
if anyone has any tech support in regards XXXXX XXXXX particular dryer model #
dsxh47eg0ww
brand- GE
i would appreicate this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.

Sounds like you may be losing power to the dryer by a bad connection or other cause. Will it restart immediately when it goes off?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the voltage is not breaking down at the source of the dryer. i am under the impression that it might be the circuit board

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there might be a voltage break down but it's not from the source because i installed another dryer there and it works just fine. so i am almost certain that it's an internal problem with the dryer.

and also veiwing the wiring diagram the ohms on the heating element checks out the motor runs fine, i over rode the motor with 110 line volt and it's just fine

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.

Then the problem would reside within the control itself as you have pretty much answered what other issues it could be by doing what you have done.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was just under the impression that the tech support here would have involve more depth, as a technician myself i am open to new ideas and felt like you would have a more detailed report stating specifics.

your respone was a wide open response and didnt' narrow the possible causes.

need to be a bit more convincing, your response was too shake for a sale

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 4 years ago.
This is a dryer, not a space shuttle. Why is more needed here? You eliminated the other issues it could be, so why beat a dead horse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is a dryer ur right , the it contains a circuit board price at about 200 dollars, and i would just prefer to get a second opinion before trying the trail and error theory, which it appears that you would by.

its just a possiblity someone else might of had a similar problem ,eg a on board fuse and could spread some light on this .

ever thought of that