MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

My Kenmore washer model 110 20932992 is leaking at the bleach

My Kenmore washer model 110 20932992 is leaking at the bleach dispenser. I believe that the dispenser line may be clogged. When I removed the unit and poured warm water into the line via the bottom unit it took over 2 minutes to drain. That doesn't seem normal. Any ideas on how to check the line and/or remove and replace it? It doesn't seem to just pop out and I don't want to destroy it by pulling too hard.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Does the water overflow from the splash ring on the wash tub? Or from dispenser its self?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Looks like the dispenser. I disconnected the inlet hose to dispenser and ran it straight into the wash tub and have had no problems.

Click here for pictures

Click on the link above and tell me if it was the "cabinet picture" the has the dispenser that you ran the water through or if it was in picture of the " agitator, basket"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What I ran water through was in the agitator/basket picture. On the right hand side of the dashed box marked 8.

If you pour water in the triangular peice that that hose connected to is that the one that takes a long time to drain?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. I've removed the dispenser unit and run that hose into the tub. Under the dispenser unit is a reservoir with the hose back to the tub.

I poured water directly into the reservoir and it took about 2 minutes to drain.

There should be a slotted screen on the bottom of the dispensor it will clog with hair or other debris. Use a toothe pick to clean it and follow with hot water. If you have a dog or cat you may want to cut the screen out of the bottom of it and just check it once per year. Let me know if you need instructions on how to remove the cabinet. Let me know if you need any thing else. Thank you..../

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dispenser is cleaned. I did as you said - earlier. Cleaned it out very thoroughly and reinstalled - still had a leak. And the water drained very slowly from the reservoir beneath the dispenser. Any ideas? Could the line from the reservoir to the tub be plugged? Part No. 24 in the schematic of the agitator/basket that you referred me to earlier.

I thought you said that that is the one you ran the water through.

Do you have the cabinet off of the unit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. I do not have the cabine off, but can do that.

I ran water through the tube via the reservoir under the bleach dispenser, after removing the bleach dispenser from the top of the washer.

Below is a video of how to remove the cabinet. You may have a panel under the timer panel, below is a hose clamp you have to remove before the cabinet will come off.

Click here for the video

With the cabinet off you can get in and remove the splash ring(peice that attatches to the hose on the tube. Push down on the top of it and pull out the clip on the side. Once all the clips are off you can slide the splash ring out from under the fill flume. Here you can clean the end of the hose. Do not cut off the inside cover of the hose. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I took the cabinet off ...again...and I blew on the tube and I heard something shoot out the end and then continued to blow on it and it was much easier. After reconnecting the water flowed very quickly threw the unit...less than 10 seconds. by the way...last evening I ran some hot water with vinegar through the hose...when it was very slow...maybe that helped break things up.

I've gotten everything together and there is no leak...thanks for the tip ...not to cut the hose!

One related question....my washer lid is really dirty in the corners. I see that 2 screws connect the lid to the hinges on each side. Is there an easy way to remove those so that I can clean the corners thoroughly.

Yes, but if they are old they may snap very easy. How water poured down the closed lid with an empty basket. You can also wiggle a rag behind the lid. Wip out the basket after or fill it up a little bit and spin it out to clean the basket. Good job on this repair. Thank you..