esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I cant open the door of my J845W1/xsa front loading washing

I can't open the door of my J845W1/xsa front loading washing machine. I have followed all directions and tried all programmes. Please help as I have had a load in there since Xmas Eve!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 4 years ago.
hi is there water in the machine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've drained it and put on the spin cycle. There is justy a laod of washing in there now.

ok can you lowewr the drain line to let all the water out the research says this will allow the door to open.last case scenario is a bad door switch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just opened the little door at the bottom front and pulled out the drain plug. A little amount of water came out but I still can't open the door. Can I use a tool to open it?
if you have a lot of water in the machine and only a little came out the computer is sensing the water and wont allow the door to open.if u pry it open then that door lock is bad
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no water in the machine. I have drained it and yet it still won't release the door. What tool do I use to get the door open?
get a flat screwdriver put something under for padding and the give it a sudden jerk
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could it be the computer chip circuitry? If so, is it econimcal to replace it or buy another machine?
yes it can be the computer but i was hoping that just the door latch is bad but the computer board controls everything.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tried to force it open using a flat screwdriver with a sudden jerk but it doesn't budge. what's next?
the switch is plastic you will have to use great force u can always replace it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but once I break it open I won't be able to use it again until I replace the door -right?
untill u replace the door switch only
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so how do I find out whether its the door switch or the computer switch which need replacing?
i would replace the switch first less expensive.replacing it first only way to find out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK I'll do that when the shops reopen after the holidays. Thanks.

PS NEVER buy a front loader!!

i understand all of these frontloads have issue after issue. pressing accept is how i get paid thanks
Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp