Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Water remains at the bottom of my dishwasher after every wash.

Water remains at the bottom of my dishwasher after every wash. What do I need to do to prevent this?
how much water is left in the tub
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
About 1/4 of an inch and more like a half inch or more if I use the quick wash.
look under the sink where the drain hose from the dishwasher hooks up and make sure the hose dont just drop down and it goes up higher than the drain pipe and then down to the dishwasher ,, water is running back down the drain back into the dishwasher / thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I followed your suggestion, but the hoses were properly placed. I guess something else is wrong.
most always keep some water in the tub but if there is water everytime then the pump is not pump all the water out ,, pull the dw drain hose off under the sink and hold it into a bucket and run the dw in drain mode and if all the water drains from the dw then you have a house drain problem and need a plumber and if not then you will need a new pump and this is something you will need a tech to come out on
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, Larry. I believe I have identified it to be a plumbing problem. Yesterday as I was cleaning all the filters and spray arms, I noticed that when I opened the dw it was dry, but after I ran water in the kitchen sink, water collected again at the bottom of the dw. I don't know why the problem would be worse if I use quick wash instead of the full cycle, but I think I'll contact a plumber next.
thanks and i believe you found the problem ,,, have a great new year