applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

Hello, I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator model #

Hello, I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator model # XXXXX that is leaking water from underneath the unit. There is no moisture around the water supply to the icemaker. Is there a drip pan I should check and if so, where is it? Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 4 years ago.
Hi, yes there is a drip pan in the back bottom of the unit. Pull away from wall and remove bottom panel, the drip pan is to the left of the compressor. Check drip pan for cracks.
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience: Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took the plate off the back of the unit, checked the drip pan and the water hose for the icemaker... neither of them is damp at all. But there was a significant amount of water coming from under the unit this morning. Any ideas?
The pan should have some moisture in it. Check the pan good for cracks, they can be hard to see. Also make sure the hose over the pan is lined up, so when the water comes down it goes into the pan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pan is bone dry.... no cracks. Hose is directly over the pan. I'm thinking it may be in the hose bringing water to the icemaker. I moved fridge out from wall 2 hrs ago and mopped up water. There is no more water coming from under fridge, but some water leaking out from under cabinet next to fridge. May be a plumber I need, not an appliance expert!
If it is coming from under the cabinet you should trace your water line back to the shutoff valve, and turn off the water until you can get a plumber there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I shut that valve off about an hour ago... so this may be just residual water working it's way out. Will call a plumber though. Thanks for your help!!
You are Welcome. Happy Holidays.