william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

Oven clean lock is stuck in the latch position, with the door

Oven clean lock is stuck in the latch position, with the door open. Can't close door and any buttons pushed result is "dr" on the panel

Ok try this it may take 2 people while holding the door button in put this back into self clean wait 2 minutes then press cancel,do this while holding the door button in dont let go of it cause otherwise it wont work.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This seems to have worked. The original problem happened after I set the oven to preheat, it was operating normally, then the panel lights all went out and the clean cycle started by itself. I grabbed the door before it locked, thus ending up with the sitiation I reported. My concern is what may have caused the condition, and is it likely to repeat. The range is 9 years old. Please advise. Thanks.

Probally a communication error in the board it happens we call it a glitch thats all.You did s good job in catching that door.Usally you can get that back open by putting it back into self/clean and waiting 2 minutes then press cancel after the 2 minutes is up.But if it dont then you have to try and use a coat hanger and lasso the latch and pulling it towards you just to pull the latch open just to open the door. So congrats to you.