MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Our Bosch SHU 3300 is not working properly. Water is not entering

Our Bosch SHU 3300 is not working properly. Water is not entering the unit when we start a cycle...or I should say, very little water. The hot water line is open. I've cleaned the filter, and made sure the spin arm is not clogged.

Regular liquid dishwasher soap was put into the soap chamber - but I'm not sure how this might relate to the issue (but that's when the machine stopped working).
When you start a cycle do you here a motor running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. The dishwasher "sounds" normal like it's running. We ran it for 2 hours and then realized that water just wasn't entering the unit. It started to smell a little funny (burning rubber but faint) so we stopped it. Is there an easy way to test if water enters the unit? The way we tested the output was to put a bucket of water on the bottom and run it. It discharges no problem.
Remove power from the unit and then remove the toe plate. Feel inside of the white plastic base is there water in it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure where the toe plate is. On the bottom where the filter is? Or the inside of the door?
It is below the door and should be held in with two screws.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got it. The screws are very tight so I need to lube them. Will get back to you shortly.

Ok talk with you soon...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
door is off. I was able to feel some water on the far left and right sides of the base. Not much, but definitely wet.

This may be caused by the new detergent (if it over suds) or if you spilled rinse aid or carried over too much dish liquid soap. With the unit still unplugged use a couple of old hand towels and soak up as much water as you can. This will reset the flood control. When you start a test cycle after this check it when a minute after you hear it washing and check for suds. If there a alot of suds pour a glass of milk in the unit to cut the suds. If the flood condition comes back on the next load you will have to find the leak. If it is not visable though the front it will have to be run out of the cabinet with the side off to check for leaks. Let me know tomorrow if the next cycle went through ok, please.

Thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well, there definitely were a lot of suds. I'll dry it best I can, then run it (without a dish pellet).
The suds are what caused the water in the base. Use a cup of milk to cut the suds.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, so far so good! I used paper towels since the space was so tight. Used 1c milk and the cylce is running. I'll check again shortly