MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH5500BWW Serial #72776108ZM Had problem

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH5500BWW Serial #72776108ZM Had problem w/spin, ordered motor conversion kit 12002039, installed motor and control board, but the motor harness plug-in doesn't seem to fit into the board slot(harness end has female receptrols, but no male ending on the board's slot).
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.

How many wires or on the plug that does not fit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Six wires
If you look at the plug there is a small peice of plastic that divides the inside of the plug. Find the matching cut out on the green board on the left side of the of the motor control.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The end of the motor harness has a "flap' piece of plastic with plastic 'teeth' looking things. The board is not green, the plug on the board is a pink color. The plastic 'teeth' don't fit securely into the board slot (it has a lot of floppy play to it. Most confusing. Don't see any way of getting any 'contact' between the wire and the board.

In the plug end are there six tiny holes or are ther two slots?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The plug end has holes (metal looking connector type). I could fold the plastic flap inside the space in the board. That leaves the wires on the underneath side of the board but it's more like plastic on the wire plug up against the boards metal contact areas.
Can I get back with you tomorrow. I want to open the part so I can go off of the real thing. I am using memory and look up drawings that do not have much detail. Will you be on in the morning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Understand. I don't know what time I might be on the computer tomorrow, you could email me. I'll see if I can't get a firmer connection......it might be that the wire harness has a duel purpose end......or the kit had some mismatched something. Thank you so much!

I'm at the neighbors house. They have a unit like yours. I just want to make sure, here.

1) The plug has 6 wires and 7 places?

2)The green wire will be on the left side when you are plugging it on the board?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes 6 wire 7 places and green wire on left.
In the middle of the opening of the motor control board is there a red peice of plastic on top of that part of the board?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's kind of dark pink and has a bunch of plastic slots.
When you push the plug on here it is still loose?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is loose....not snug. Should I be bending the plastic slap on the wire harnes dow into the 'hole' on the board? That's the only way I think it might 'snug', That seems 'forced' like it might damage the board.
The green wire should be on the left. There should be a slot on the board to receive the divider on plug. Look inside the plug and make sure nothing is miss molded. The plug should go on the board about 3/8 of an inch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sure that I haven't pushed the divider in far enough. I was able to get it more snug just now. Thank you for your help. I sounds like I have the right wire harness ending....but why it has female receptors is a mystery. Suspect is is a duel purpose end. Thanks again.
No problem. Glad to get you taken care of tonight. Thank you...
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology