MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

I have a fairly new kenmore glass top stove and the bottom

I have a fairly new kenmore glass top stove and the bottom element will not get hot. Everything else is working (i.e. broil, timer) but it won't preheat. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Can you get me the model number please? It should be located on the frame behind the door or the drawer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN1400 is the number after "Model No."

It will be the control or the element its self. Unplug the unit or remove power by the braker. Remove the oven floor. Inspect the bake element of a blow out. If you find one replace the element. If you do not find any thing test the element with an Ohm meter or take it to a local parts store. They will test it for you. Two screws at the back of the element and two wires to remove it. If the element is good then it will be your control. Order a new overlay with it in the color of the unit. Also check your owners manual the controls will sometimes have a longer parts warranty. Do not power up the unit with the element out of it!

Click here for parts

Thank you....