MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

The washing machine will not completely fill with water, it

Customer Question

The washing machine will not completely fill with water, it just keeps draining out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Does the motor run at all duing it filling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean by the motor running. All I hear is the rushing of the water trying to fill the tub.

If the unit will do this more on the rinse cycle it will likely be the the drain hose is too far down the drain pipe or the end of the drain hose is below the bottom of the tub. Just raising the drain hose to the correct height will fix this issue. Check with item #10 in the look up below to make sure you comply with the installation.

Click here for install manual

Thank you and please let me know what you find.

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This happens both while trying to fill the tub for washing as well as rinsing.
Where do you have the drain hose?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Near the top of the washing machine.
Is it stuffed into a pipe if so can you pull it out and tell me about how many inches were in the pipe?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it is in a pipe and it is in approximately 3 inches deep.

Is the water going out of the drain hose when it is not filling all the way?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, sorry it took me so long to respond, got busy with a load of laundry. Like I said if I let it rest for a bit it starts working right again.
It sounds like the drain line is too low to the unit or the hose is making too tight of a seal inside the pipe. This will cause a siphon effect. Unless the motor is running wail it is trying to fill up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ah now that makes sense! The hose is very tight withing the pipe. I will get it from here. Thanks!
If it has the rubber end on it trim a groove down the side of it with out going in to the hose. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX know tomorrow how the unit worked.