MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have a Frigidair FSE447GHS0 electric dryer. The automatic

Customer Question

I have a Frigidair FSE447GHS0 electric dryer. The automatic dry cycle is not functioning. The timed cycles operate fine. This model has a moisture sensor located in the outgoing air which I have replaced. I also replaced the timer to no avail. The element works although I'm not sure it's getting as hot as before but it dries clothes. When the timer is put in the auto mode the timer never advances and the machine never shuts off. Could it be the temperature limit switch? if so where is it located and how do I check it?
Thanks for you time.
Steve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 4 years ago.

It will be the control board (#12 on the look up). Make sure the wire is not off that grounds the one side of the sensor bars inside. Also make sure the both are tight on the back of the sensor bars. Also check that you have a clean vent all the way through the house.

Click here for parts

Thank you...

MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replaced the moisture sensor wiring harness with the new sensor. Both wire connections are good and the harness is plugged in securely. I have the dryer removed and venting into the air for now so that leaves the control board. I'll order one today.
I'm new to this answer service so let me ask some questions about the service.
First of all I own over 150 rent houses so I have alot of appliance and HVAC jobs. I would love to have someone to ask when I run into things I can't puzzle out. But I would need time to build confidence in the answers I get. How does one get to that point? also what is a fair price for an answer? Is the answer negotiable? I clicked $14 for this answer simply because it was the lowest option, but for a complicated answer I would pay more. If I click to accept your answer now and the control board does not fix it can I contact you again? Since you are on the other side, the one with the experience/knowledge give me your thoughts.
Thanks

I do not do hvac. You can look me up at any time and let me know your question. You do not have to accept right away. $14 is a good starting price for most questions. If it is an involved repair you can give a bonus. The more information you can give me on your first question the better.(model and serial #'s noises, smell, error codes, repair history)

As far as the dryer you have changed every thing else on what would deal with the auto cycle. Leave this question open and let me know what you find. Also if you own this many units find a parts store that will give you some kind of discount. I will send you OEM #'s so you can check for price and get the parts locally. Board part#134216300

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your candor.
Thank you. Post me back at any time. Let me know how the job comes out.