RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

Dishwasher only makes continuous humming noise when started.

Dishwasher only makes continuous humming noise when started. Have tried turning power off to reset. No good. Any tips?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.

This sounds like the water valve is going bad and just humming but not allowing the water in! It is located under the unit and is it the end of water inlet line. Most are at the left front bottom of the dishwaser. Hers is the valve

Part 785330 (Click to enlarge)
Grid is 1 inch square
Item #
785330
Price
$45.30
In Stock?
Yes
Water inlet valve
Qty Add to Cart

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Don't want this as a second question, but would your answer be any different if I'd told you originally that none of the control panel lights will light up?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Didn't get response on last reply, but after sending it, I tried dishwasher again and it's now working. So, did not have to replace the water valve. Still undecided about whether to pay. Not trying to rip anyone off. Advice?
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
This is untirely up to you, as to why it is working now, beats me! Intermittan t problems are the worst. Thanks and have a great holiday