MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

I have a Thermador built in oven model SMW272. The oven teperature

I have a Thermador built in oven model SMW272. The oven teperature reading LED has gone out. Is this just a plug in part that I can replace or do I need a whole new module or oven?

Paul
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Can you still progarm a bake cycle? and it work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it works fine, I just can't read the temp display

They no longer make the electronics to repair this. The parts now have to be shipped out and rebuilt. The display and the relay board have to be shipped out and can be a two week turn around. If this is some thing you want to do call a(NNN) NNN-NNNNto find a servicer in your area or if you want I can get a number for you tomorrow on a place to have it rebuilt. It is a fairly involved repair including pulling the unit. I would hold off until after the holidays to have the repair done if you are having people over. The unit is not a danger.

Thank you...