MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

We have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDS01FLSS6 that has

Customer Question

We have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDS01FLSS6 that has the 7 times flashing start LED. Is there a reset sequence? Does the seven flashes indicate a specific component malfunction?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

The flash of 7x is the unit did not heat. It will most likely be the heater or the nuetral door switch.(one with the white wires) Most of the time the catch tang can be bent down to just clear the top of the door will correct the switch issue. The heater will have to be metered to see if it is bad. To reset the computer find the furthist right option button. Most likely it will be "heat dry" then go to the second button to the left. What you will need to do is start with the heat dry then the left button, do this 4x and the unit should start a test cycle. Hit the cancel button and the computer is reset. I would ask for you service call back. The tech should have been able to give one part repair.

Click here for parts

Thank you... Let me know how it turns out, please....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried the reset sequence for the control panel but it did not work. The door latch tang is already in a low slightly scraping the top of the door position.
Any other thoughts?

This is the tech sheet for your model. They are a bit of a pain to read off of the computer. Look down the left side for the "rapid advance service feature" . I am sorry I had told you to do it backwards. Let me know that it will go through. If the tang is down it will likely be the heater.

Click here for the tech-sheet

Thank you again...