MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Hello - Maytag Jetclean Plus Dishwasher will not drain.

Hello - Maytag Jetclean Plus Dishwasher will not drain. Filter appears clean and drain hose not kinked and clear all the way through and into disposal. Sink and disposal drain is clear. When push Drain Off button - the number goes to 2 then pump try's to start very briefly then shuts off. Then clicks every so often apparently trying to start drain pump. I could sure use some suggestions or ideas. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.

When you hear the pump try to turn on do you hear any grinding?

Do you hear the control click at the same time the pump is trying to come back on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for working tonight!
No Grinding
Yes, the click and pump on for split second at same time then pump off.
Then click only each 3 seconds

It will be the control, wiring or the drain pump. If you can check for a steady 120 volts at the pump (unplugged) during the 2 minute cancel then it will be the pump. If it still clicks then it will be a bad relay on the main control. I have only replaced 2 of these pumps. If you do not know how to safely check electricty please call a tech.

Click here for parts

Thank you sorry about the wait.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, Thanks, I was hoping it was simpler. I will call a tech. Can I do that online for a maytag guy or do you suggest the phone book.
Maytag may be a bit more expensive but the worker is trained. If you have a resource info cen-ter or a recomendation from a neighbor that will work also.Maytag customer service -800-253-1301 Post me back and let me know what they find, please...