MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

how to remove outer front cover of ice dispenser on freezer

Customer Question

how to remove outer front cover of ice dispenser on freezer door XXXXXXXXXXX
to access inside of freezer door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Can you resend the model #, please? Put "" around it so it does not look like a phone #.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the model number is "10658562890"

You can make the picture larger by dragging the edge. Unplug the unit before starting. You can also remove the hinge cover and unplug the door instead of moving the whole unit. If you look below the botXXXXX XXXXXp of the dispenser face there will be two little slots for a flat head screwdriver. When you start to twist pull down and out on the lower lip. Once the bottom is free the top will unhook. These do brake some times when removing them and will weaken even more the more times it is removed.

Click here for parts.

Thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I followed your instructions, I saw the slots, but its no wanting to come off should I apply more pressure
Yes but you need to becarefull it is a fine line. Some times heating the lower lip with a hair dryer will soften the plasic a bit. Try to do one corner at a time. Be sure that you are pulling down and out. If the unit is more than 8 years old the plasic has become weak and is more likely to break. When using the hair dryer use it on low heat they are hotter than you think.