MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Our oven works most of the time. than it starts to beep and

Customer Question

Our oven works most of the time. than it starts to beep and F2 comes up on the digital screen.

How do we get it to work all the time?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a model # XXXXX the range? Look for a sticker on the frame behind the door or behind the drawer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

model jgbp30wek1ww

serial mh280182p

click for details this is the sensor it is #43 on the look up. The f-2 says the oven has gone over temp. If you have a meter you can test it and order a new one. It should read around 1050-1100 ohms at room temp. If you do not have a meter most parts stores will test it for you. Unplug the unit and find the sensor in the upper corner in the oven. Remove the two screws that secure it. If the sensor checks good you will have to replace the control. Click here for parts.

Thank you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This oven will work 99% of the time. what are the #s after the SF shows up? what should the # XXXXX set at? 5 thru -5

The # XXXXX be set to the first number that showed up when you first did this. If you do not remember set it to 0. I think this is for changing the computer to run at a diferent temp than what is set. Example: you set for 350 and the # XXXXX XXXXX it will really be 365 in the oven but will still show 250.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am not a claimed expert. you are and you answer me like this. Here's your 14$ use it to go to school

I did not mean to make you uneasy what did I say that made you feel this way. Sorry.